My 10 quick thoughts on creating original collage.
“13 pour” Jenny Davis
1. Just when you think you’ve got it licked, it can change, by adding one tiny piece of paper, or mark.
“Bitter Interception” Jenny Davis
2. Collage can’t be controlled, trust in the doing.
“No” Jenny Davis
3. If you don’t like something tear it off, paint or paste over it.
“Generous Nation” Jenny Davis
4. By elimination, breaking and tearing to restructure the work, you can open up a new vision.
“Clash 3” Jenny Davis
5. Text adds interest and throws it off again. Do you take it literally, or as a design element?
“De’ranger” Jenny Davis
6. Working on the whole collage at once and not just in one area, is more satisfying.
“Clash” Jenny Davis
7. Elements of design come into play too. Colour, shape, texture, line and form.
“84” Jenny Davis
8. When creating collage, I use the same cognitive process as when painting.
“Torn” Jenny Davis
9. It’s all about trusting the creative process, your intuition, taking risks and challenging yourself.
“Paris Burning” Jenny Davis
10. It’s also heaps of fun expressing yourself in this way!
Back to “Free Tutorials”