My 10 quick thoughts on creating original collage.
1. Just when you think you’ve got it licked, it can change, by adding one tiny piece of paper, or mark.
2. Collage can’t be controlled, trust in the doing.
3. If you don’t like something tear it off, paint or paste over it.
4. By elimination, breaking and tearing to restructure the work, you can open up a new vision.
5. Text adds interest and throws it off again. Do you take it literally, or as a design element?
6. Working on the whole collage at once and not just in one area, is more satisfying.
7. Elements of design come into play too. Colour, shape, texture, line and form.
8. When creating collage, I use the same cognitive process as when painting.
9. It’s all about trusting the creative process, your intuition, taking risks and challenging yourself.
10. It’s also heaps of fun expressing yourself in this way!